WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
Things happen quickly, both inside and outside of Vision & Style , so we will sometimes review these Terms to make sure they accurately reflect developments in current law and our business operations. We reserve the right to update and revise these Terms at any time upon 7 days’ notice. We’ll provide notice by changing the “Effective Date” at the top of this page so you can tell if these Terms have changed since your last visit. Please review these Terms regularly because 7 days after we post any changes, your continued use of the Services constitutes your acceptance of the revised Terms.
We only permit individuals who are at least 18 years old and can form legally binding contracts to use the Services. However, even non-adults deserve fantastic eyewear. You can use the Services if you are under 18, but only if you are at least 13 years old and only if a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years old supervises you. In all cases, the adult will be the user and is responsible for any and all activity. If you are younger than 13 years old, you may not use the Services (although your parents can still buy glasses for you.
Your use of the Services means you represent and warrant that you meet all eligibility requirements we outline in these Terms. However, we may refuse to let certain people access or use the Services. We may also change our eligibility criteria.
We offer the Services only for personal, noncommercial use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party (unless you are a parent or legal guardian using the Services for your minor child).
4. Your Account
You may be able to navigate some of the Services without creating a user account (”Account”); but certain Services (like making a purchase or ordering a Home Try-On) will require you to create an Account. If you create an Account, you are solely responsible for any activity that occurs through your Account or through your personal device in connection with the Services. Similarly, for any Services that you are able to access without creating an Account, you are solely responsible for any activity that occurs through your personal device in connection with the Services. In order for us to provide you the best possible service, you agree to provide us with complete, accurate, and updated information for your Account at all times. If any information is incorrect or outdated, it can lead to errors or delays, for which we will not be responsible.
You can share a good book, a nice walk, or even a pair of (non-prescription) glasses. You should not, however, share your Account information. And you shouldn’t use another person’s Account or registration information for the Services without permission. Similarly, no one else should be able to use your Account without permission. You are solely responsible for keeping your Account and Account password secure and for any consequence resulting from your failure to do so. You should never publish, distribute, or post login information for your Account.
You can always delete the personal information from your Account by emailing us at [email protected]
Vision Style offers a free, five-day Home Try-On program to help you pick your perfect frames. You may choose five frames (which are sent with non-prescription lenses) to try on at home for a five-day period (the “Try-On Period”). For more information about our Home Try-On program, click here or visit the Home Try-On section of our Help page. If the Try-On Period ends and any of the frames have not been placed in the mail, or the frames are returned damaged, we may charge your credit card for the full amount of each pair of frames that are missing or damaged, as explained in more detail on our Help page. By submitting your Home Try-On order, you authorize vision style to charge your card, and you agree to all other terms of our Home Try-On program explained on our Help page. Currently, our Home Try-On program is only available to customers who live in the UAE & Bahrain .
6. Getting Your Vision Style Eyewear
- Selecting Your Frames. Vision Style sells eyeglasses and sunglasses with either prescription or non-prescription lenses. To learn more about the lenses we offer, you can visit the Lenses section of our Help page. If you wish to purchase multiple frames using different prescriptions (for example, your distance prescription and your reading prescription), you will have to place those orders separately. To order frames, select your desired frame and click the “Add to Cart” button to add it to your order. When you check out, you will have the option of choosing between prescription and non-prescription lenses.
- Your Prescription. If you are purchasing prescription eyewear, check out the Prescriptions section of our Help page for the information we need to fill your prescription and to learn how to provide your prescription information to us. If your prescription information is incomplete, we may need to take additional measures to track down current information, which could mean you have to wait longer for your glasses.
We keep your prescription on file for some time after you order your glasses, and we make that information available to you upon request. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible, but be aware that it could take us a day or two to retrieve older prescriptions. Please keep that in mind if you need your information by a certain day or time. By requesting a copy of your prescription, you consent to Vision Style.
- Delivery Information. We’ll need your name, address, and telephone number to complete your order and send you your vision Style purchase.
- Payment Information. After you have made your eyewear selections and provided your prescription and shipping information, you will see a prompt for your payment details, such as your credit card information and any promotional codes or gift cards you may have. By entering your payment information and submitting your order, you authorize us and our third party payment processors to charge the amount of the order to your selected payment method.
- Checking Order Status. We know how exciting it can be to get a delivery, so once your eyewear is on its way to you, we’ll send you an email confirmation with tracking information. Feel free to call us at 0097142633327 us at [email protected], if you would like to check the status of your order, or if you just want to chat about how excited you are about your new glasses.
- Changing or Cancelling an Order. Our team works hard to process orders quickly so that you don’t have to wait. However, this means that although we will try our best to accommodate order modifications, we cannot guarantee them.
- Risk of Loss. The risk of loss and title for all products you order passes to you upon our delivery to the carrier
7. Restrictions On Your Use Of The Services
Just so we’re clear, however, these rights do not allow you to do any of the following:
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services.
- take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our or our third party providers’ infrastructure.
- resell or make any commercial use of the Services or any of the Service content.
- modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or convert into human readable form any of the Service content not intended to be so read, including using or directly viewing the underlying HTML or other code from the Services except as interpreted and displayed in a web browser.
- copy, imitate, mirror, reproduce, distribute, publish, download, display, perform, post, store, or transmit any of the Service content, including any Marks, in any form or by any means, including electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise.
- use any manual or automated software devices or other processes (including data mining, bots, spiders, automated tools or similar data gathering and extraction methods) to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Services or to collect any information from the Services or any user of the Services.
- harvest or scrape any content from the Services, or using other automated or manual means to take our content without our prior consent.
- bypass, circumvent, or attempt to bypass or circumvent any feature of the Services or any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services, including other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services.
- run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services.
- User Content
We want to hear from you. Occasionally, you may see areas on the Services where you can post information or communicate with us or other users. We hope you will use these tools to meet the rest of our community and give us your feedback. These areas may be in the form of social media posts, bulletin boards, chat rooms, comment areas, billboards, forums, newsgroups, postings sections or similar communications facilities..
“User Content” is any public communications or any other material you submit, distribute, transmit, or post to Vision Style (through the Services; through our pages on third party sites, such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook; or through activities in our stores). You will keep all ownership of and license rights in your User Content although, by providing content to us, you may grant us a license to use it, as we’ll discuss here.
When you submit, distribute, transmit, or post User Content, you give us a right and license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute your User Content in any and all media formats or distribution channels. You agree that this license includes the right for Vision Style to use your User Content to provide, promote, and improve the Services. You agree that this license is irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, fully paid, and royalty-free, and will survive termination of your Account. Please note that we may use User Content without compensation of any kind to you, including if we use User Content for advertising or promotional purposes. You also agree that if your User Content contains any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques, we can use the User Content and anything it contains for any purpose including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products. Be assured you have our thanks. Lots of it.
In addition to giving Vision Style a license, you also give each user of the Services an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, fully paid, and royalty-free right and license to access your User Content through the Services and to use, edit, modify, publish, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, adapt, and promote such submissions, including after any termination of your Account.
The bottom line is that if you share something with us, you keep ownership of it and can continue to do anything you want with it, but you allow us and our other users to use your User Content as we see fit. If you don’t agree to these conditions, then please don’t provide the materials to us.
- Representations About Your User Content
We need you to promise us certain things about your submissions so that you don’t get us into trouble. (We really appreciate it.) When you submit User Content, you represent and warrant (archaic lawyer words for “pinky promise”) that:
- you hold all necessary right, title, and license to such materials (in other words, you own it or have the right to give it to us).
- your submission of such materials to Vision style does not and, when used by vision style as authorized under these Terms, will not violate or infringe the rights of any third-parties, including any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights (you didn’t take it from someone else without permission).
- all User Content you provide is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and not misleading (you’re not lying).
In addition, any User Content must not:
- include any profanity or obscene, indecent, or pornographic material.
- contain any unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, such as spam (no one likes spam).
- contain software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information of ours or of any third party.
- impersonate any person or entity (we like you just the way you are!).
- include anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information.
- Private vs. Non-private Content
- A Note About Third-Party Content and User Content
You may see a lot of content on the Services (especially with your new eyewear). Some of this content will come from other users or sources outside of Vision Style. All content, including User Content and third-party content, is the responsibility of the party that creates it. Vision Style does not control or endorse any User Content or third-party content, and we make no claims or representations
We take no responsibility related to third-party content, User Content, or any actions resulting from your use of any part of the Services. Vision Style will have no liability in connection with any content submitted to, transmitted via, or displayed or posted on or through the Services, regardless of whether Vision Style or another party provides it.
9. Copyright Policy
Just as we ask you to respect our intellectual property rights, we respect your rights and the rights of others, and we expect all our users to do the same. If we believe a user may be infringing upon someone’s intellectual property rights, we may remove the material. If we believe someone is repeatedly infringing, we will terminate that person’s access rights.
If you believe someone has posted on the Services a work that you own without your authorization, let us know. Please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to our Designated Agent (whose contact information is below):
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
- identification of works or materials being infringed.
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that we are capable of finding and verifying its existence.
- your contact information, including address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address.
- a statement that you have a valid belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- a statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and you are authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please contact the Designated Agent to receive notice of claimed infringement by calling 0097142633327 or emailing [email protected], or writing Vision style , Al Rashidia. Dubai . P.O. Box 79873 UAE.
We really hope we won’t ever have to do this, but we reserve the right to terminate your license to use the Services or block or prevent your access to the Services, without providing you with notice or reason. In the event of termination, your obligations under these Terms will still continue.
11. Governing Law
No matter where you’re located, the laws of the Dubai , UAE will govern these Terms and the relationship between you and Vision style as if you signed or otherwise agreed to these Terms in Dubai , without regard to Dubai conflicts of laws rules. If any provisions of these Terms are inconsistent with any applicable law, those provisions will be superseded and/or modified only to the extent such provisions are inconsistent. If a lawsuit or court proceeding is permitted under these Terms, then the parties agree to submit to the courts in Dubai ,UAE for exclusive jurisdiction for the purpose of litigating any dispute arising out of or related to your use of the Services
12. Consent To Electronic Communications
13. Entire Agreement
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Vision Style and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, with respect to these Services. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
We take our commitment to customers seriously, and we’ll do what we can for you. However, sometimes things may come up that are outside of our control. We will not be liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations stated in these Terms if the failure results from a cause beyond our reasonable control, including mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation.
You cannot assign, transfer or sublicense these Terms without first obtaining our consent. We may assign, transfer, or delegate any of our rights and obligations without your consent. These Terms do not create any agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship, and neither party has any authority to bind the other in any respect.
If we do not enforce any part of these Terms, it does not mean we give up the right to later enforce that or any other part of these Terms. In order for any waiver of compliance with these Terms to be binding, we must provide you with written notice of such waiver through one of our authorized representatives.
The section and paragraph headings in these Terms are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation.
You did it; you made it to the end! We know it wasn’t easy (or especially interesting). Thank you for reading.